No products in the cart.
Purchasing hand-crafted jewelry offers you the benefit of a unique piece of art, as well something that will contribute to the greater good.
These days, jewelry comes in all shapes and sizes and there are plenty of places to purchase it. Dismayed at the mountains of mass-produced bling available at big name department stores, a growing movement of people are seeking out unique and distinctive, hand-crafted jewelry made by committed artisans. As artisans ourselves, we want to share with you a few of the reasons we enjoy making hand-crafted jewelry and some of the benefits our customers appreciate.
- Being unique goes a long way. When you wear hand-crafted jewelry, you never have to worry about seeing the same thing on someone else. Although there are a quite a few fashionistas who make it a priority to keep up with the trends and wear what everyone else is wearing, women who wear hand-crafted jewelry are always in a class of their own.
- Better customer service goes even further. When you purchase hand-crafted jewelry directly from the artisan, you create a relationship with a human being. As such, we’re happy to customize your piece to your taste when you order it, and we respond personally if something is not to your satisfaction.
- Hand-crafted quality lasts longer. Because hand-crafted jewelry is made with much greater attention to detail, it is usually made with higher quality supplies and generally lasts much longer than the vast majority mass-produced jewelry in big-box-stores.
- One-of-a-kind gifts show you care. Offering hand-crafted jewelry as a gift ensures that the person you’re celebrating knows how special they are. Unique gifts are more personal, more highly prized, and much more memorable, as you will be. to the wearer.
- Hand-crafted jewelry is better for the planet. A growing number of jewelry artisans are using more sustainable materials for the sake of both quality and eco-consciousness. However, buying locally-made products, or at least those made in your own country, ensure that they don’t contribute to the excessive costs, labor, and fuel required to ship mass-produced products from overseas. Since many mass-produced products are also made in sweatshops, purchasing hand-crafted products of any kind is supportive of fair pay and the local economy.
- Support the new economy. These days, the Internet is allowing more people to do what they love and get paid for it. By purchasing hand-crafted jewelry, you’re empowering an artisan to follow their passion and create a better world. Supporting independent artists of any kind is a great way to vote with your money.
- Start more conversations. Wearing a unique piece of hand-crafted jewelry can be a great conversation starter, and in this day and age, we would all do well to talk to one another a little more. What starts as a compliment could lead to a new friend or a deeper connection with an acquaintance.
- Support a human being. When you purchase hand-crafted jewelry, you’re not only getting a one-of-a-kind piece of art, you’re also investing in the person who has taken the time and effort to excel at a craft and share it with the world. That’s far more significant than buying a machine-made bauble from an automated factory. If nothing else, by purchasing hand-crafted jewelry, you’re getting a product made by hands and a heart.
We are very grateful for the opportunity to create jewelry here at The Knotted Stone, and we hope it means as much to you as it does to us.